Volunteer positions are still available for people age 15 and up who want to be part of the action at the PoCo Grand Prix on July 12.
Presented by Dominion Lending Centres, the PoCo Grand Prix attracts thousands of people to downtown Port Coquitlam for a day of sport, entertainment, family activities and more. The event is part of BC Superweek, Canada’s largest professional road cycling series.
Along with professional races along a 1.3-kilometre circuit, the day will include races for kids and youth, live entertainment, a Kids’ Zone, beer garden, VIP experience and other activities.
About 200 volunteer positions are available in areas such as: athlete accommodation, racecourse fencing and signage, course marshaling, event set up and take down, the Kids’ Race and Kids’ Zone, spectator engagement, crowd prime fundraising, the PoCo Grand Prix Expo tradeshow and traffic control.
In particular, volunteers are needed for:
- Traffic Control – coordinate traffic through the race track in key areas (3-7:30pm, 7-10:30pm).
- Kids Race – assist with participant check-in and direct riders to the start of race and following race (3:15-7pm).
- Kids Zone – assist with the setup and take down of area and supervising interactive bike circuits (2-4:30pm, 4-8pm).
- Take Down Course and Signage – remove fencing and signage from course (9:30-11:30pm).
- Hosting an out of town cyclist or team – Host families are needed to provide cyclist(s) a place to sleep or shower and a safe storage place for their bike from July 5 to 14. It’s a great opportunity to get insight into the world of competitive cycling and the discipline required by a professional cyclist. Email email@example.com if interested.
More information about the PoCo Grand Prix, including opportunities to sign up for the Kids’ Race, can be found at www.pocograndprix.ca.